Monday, April 11, 2011

Dreams -- Why No Blue?

This post was copied from an old blog that I no longer keep up. It was originally published on November 8, 2008.

Just a short weird little post.

I haven't worn blue since I can remember. I don't own a single blue piece of clothing. And I absolutely refuse to wear blue. My blue-phobia was recently brought to my attention while in the process of designing a t-shirt with someone that would be screen printed and sold to various people. She originally wanted to use blue ink for the design and I convinced her to use purple instead. I couldn't explain why I absolutely refused to create something that had blue on it. But I knew that if I did the shirt with blue ink that I would never wear it.

Last night I had a dream that I was wearing a blue shirt and I couldn't get it off. I was desperate to get out of it, but it wouldn't come off. I had to keep wearing it. I woke up very shaky and upset. Why would wearing a blue shirt make me so upset?

I think I finally figured it out. Blue = depressed. Duh! *slaps hand to head*
But even though I think I now understand my blue-phobia, I still refuse to wear blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment